The pamphlet Climate Jobs: Building a Workforce for the Climate Emergency outlines the type of workforce, in housing, transport, industry, nature and more, needed to combat the climate emergency.
It argues that to deliver this, we need to break from the failed reliance on the market. Instead, we need investment in a huge expansion of public sector jobs in all these areas.
Our speakers at this meeting will be:
– Suzanne Jeffery, Campaign Against Climate Change (and editor of the Climate Jobs report)
– Denis Fernando, Friends of the Earth (An Emergency Plan On Green Jobs For Young People)
– Fran Wilde, Extinction Rebellion Birmingham
– Martin Cavanagh, PCS National Deputy President.
– Stuart Graham, South West Scotland UNISON on Glasgow retrofitting.
Come to the launch either in person or by Zoom and help build the movement. Please register if coming to The Warehouse (54-57 Allison St, B5 5TH) so we can ensure social distancing at the Warehouse Cafe.
Meeting ID: 833 5270 1672
The meeting is supported by:
– COP26 Coalition West Midlands
– Birmingham Friends of the Earth
– Campaign Against Climate Change
– Extinction Rebellion Birmingham
– The Active Wellbeing Society
– PCS Midlands
– The Musicians Union (Midlands)
– West Midlands FBU
– Birmingham Trades Union Council
– Birmingham NEU
– Birmingham UNISON
– Birmingham UNITE Community
– Birmingham City University UCU
The fight for a sustainable future is the struggle of our time. Working people must put themselves at the heart of this movement, demanding climate jobs that can create an economy run in the interests of people and the planet.