- Read this Report by Birmingham Fair Housing Campaign at https://downloads.ctfassets.net/6sxvmndnpn0s/5CpeCv1jQCOsFhx8PZQ9iV/f6d478462ca163054b11b84d900f2320/Birmingham-Fair-Housing-Campaign-BFHC_Report_v2_DIGITAL.pdf
As Jane Haynes writes in a powerful report in today’s Birmingham Mail:
Fast trains and the Games won’t level up Birmingham – people need decent homes
‘The report poses a direct challenge to everyone with a stake in the city’s future, including the Government, Birmingham City Council, the regional mayor’s office, MPs, developers and planners, landlords and housing associations, residents and businesses – urging them all to play their part in ‘levelling up’ our city.’
Join the Campaign
Birmingham Fair Housing Campaign has carved out a ‘People’s Manifesto for Fair Housing’. Our campaign brings together people directly affected by the housing crisis as well as our allies.
Our vision is for everyone in our city to have a safe, secure and affordable home and for this to be a human right. You can read our full manifesto here. https://england.shelter.org.uk/support_us/campaigns/community_organising_birmingham
To make our vision a reality, we’re demanding the following from our political leaders and decision-makers:
- WE WANT SOCIAL HOUSING
- WE WANT RIGHTS FOR PEOPLE IN EMERGENCY AND TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION
- WE WANT RIGHTS FOR RENTERS
- WE WANT AN END TO DISCRIMINATION
- WE WANT HOUSING WITH COMPASSION
- WE WANT AN END TO HOMELESSNESS
We need as many Brummies as possible to take a stand, join the campaign, and help make Birmingham a place we can all call home. Please, join the campaign today.
Read the Mail report here: