Hospital porters at Heartlands Hospital are striking against shift changes that will cut up to £4,000 from their already low wages. The UNISON strikers would like our support. Can you do selfie shots at work or with your neighbours? Can you get them messages of support from you and your colleagues?
They are holding picket lines from 6am – 11am and again from 6pm next Wednesday and Thursday (2nd and 3rd December). If you can show solidarity, please do. You can also send us any messages of support and we will take them to the strikers. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can hear from the strikers at the Birmingham Trades Union Council meeting on Thursday 3rd December.
Birmingham Trade Union Council
The next meeting will take place 7 pm Thursday 3 December online over zoom. On the agenda will be the following:
- Covid Crisis and Education
- Member of the NEU speaking
- Member of UCU speaking on the situation in Higher and Further education
- Discussion on the Suspension of Jeremy Corbyn
- UNISON Dispute among the Health workers
- Notification of the 2021 election of officers and members of the executive.
The details for the Zoom meeting are:
Meeting ID: 895 5088 8818
One tap mobile
+442034815237,,89550888818#,,,,,,0#,,027430# United Kingdom
+442034815240,,89550888818#,,,,,,0#,,027430# United Kingdom