- Cllr Brigid Jones, Birmingham Cabinet Member for Children, Families & Schools
- Emma Lewell-Buck MP, Shadow Minister for Children & Families
- Rachel Gillies, ‘Love Brum Schools’
- Sarah Barton, ‘Ask Parents First’
Chair: Rosi Edwards, Vice-Chair of Moseley & Kings Heath Labour Party
What is Conservative Party education policy doing to our schools? What is the alternative vision?
- Why is the government spending public money to push multi-academy trusts and free schools, whose beneﬁts are unproven?
- What will be the impact of the funding crisis in education on our children, schools and their staff?
- What is the assessment regime doing to the mental health of our children and their teachers?
- What will be the effect of government proposals to open more selective schools for the majority of children who aren’t selected?
In this conference we will discuss what we are ﬁghting for and what we are ﬁghting against:
- What kind of education our children need?
- What kind of schools do our communities want?
- What kind of future do we want for our families?
Come and take part in an important discussion about the future of our children’s education.
Moseley School & Sixth Form Centre, Wake Green Road, B13 9UU. The entrance to the school is on College Rd.
For further information contact:
Cllr Martin Straker Welds
Mobile: 07973 675 732