Members of the PCS union who work in Midlands offices of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) are on strike again on Wednesday June 5th.
PCS members in the DWP are angry because:
* 20,000 jobs have been cut in the DWP since May 2010
* Years of pay restraint has seen our living standards drop by 20%
* We are all be affected by planned cuts in our terms and conditions
* Targets, attendance management andpeople performance mean more stress
* Their pensions have been attacked.
* The government say they won’t talk about these issues
In HMRC Government plans to close every HMRC public enquiry office with the loss of 1200 jobs and an essential service to the public.
Support PCS by attending picket lines from 7.30 am and the public rally at lunchtime:-
Public Strike Rally
Wednesday June 5th
11.30 am – 1.00 pm
3 responses to “Support Civil Servants Strike June 5th”
Pingback: Birmingham Trades Council » Support Civil Servants Strike June 5th
Reblogged this on Gogwit's Blog.
Reblogged this on digger666 and commented:
Always, never fail to show solidarity.