DEMONSTRATE for an ALTERNATIVE
Outside the Civil Service Live Event
Birmingham International Convention Centre Birmingham B1 2EA
15th April 9:00am Francis Maude Minister for the Civil Service and Sir Gus O’Donnell, Head of the Civil Service, Permanent Secretary of the Cabinet Office will be attending to outline the future PCS – standing up for public services
- There is no need for cuts to public services or further privatisations
- Creating jobs will boost the economy and cut the deficit.Cutting jobs will damage the economy and increase the deficit
- We should invest in areas such as housing, renewable energy and public transport
- The UK debt is lower than other major economies
- There is a £120 billion tax gap of evaded, avoided and uncollected tax
- The UK holds £850 billion in banking assets from the bailout – this is more than the national debt
- We could free up billions by not renewing Trident
What you can do
- Today You could raise the alternative with Francis Maude and Gus O’Donnell.
- Today Raise questions about Civil Service regions– the job cuts will mean less transfers, less development, less promotion, less opportunities and less training.
- Spread the word about PCS alternative!
Get involved in campaigns and events, and keep informed at pcs.org.uk or pcs.org.uk/en/midlands/campaigning-in-the-midlands Unite with other local trade unions and community groups Recruit your colleagues to the union – there’s never been a more important time to join PCS Lobby your local politicians against public service cuts and against the attack on our jobs and conditions
Join the demonstration on 15th April at 9:00am
outside the Birmingham International Convention Centre
Birmingham B1 2EA
For further information please contact Andrew Lloyd at the PCS Midlands Regional Office on 0121 643 4342.
Download the flyer to print and distribute (2xA5 in A4 format)